Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service entails hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services used for various aims, so let's survey these. In that way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to build a web portal, email box accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by given companies, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are frequently supported by showing adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the tasks at hand between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share a vast number of images with pals or acquaintances since the service is generally free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your email box accounts. Some firms provide web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many video files as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to run a site. To some degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mails, upload video files, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content solely.